Discover more from The Weekly S&P500 #ChartStorm
S&P500 ChartStorm - 2021 End of Year Special
The 10 most popular charts from the Weekly ChartStorms of 2021
Welcome to the
Weekly S&P500 #ChartStorm - End of Year Special.
In this post I have collated the 10 most popular charts from all of the Weekly S&P500 ChartStorms during 2021 (as measured by most likes on Twitter).
I’ve also listed all chart sources/contributors’ Twitter handles at the end — be sure to check them out: a veritable must-follow list!
Hope you enjoy, and stay tuned for another year of ChartStorms!
p.s. if you haven’t already, subscribe (free) to receive the ChartStorm direct to your inbox, so you don’t miss out on any charts (you never know which one could change the whole perspective!)
1. Margin Debt Expansion: pretty clear to see why this one resonated.
2. Average Holding Period: Another wow-chart, with multiple forces combining to drive down the average holding period of US listed equities.
3. Monthly Seasonality Stats: Pretty useful table, particularly as the new year begins.
4. Seasonality Map: This seasonal map provided surprisingly clear direction on the market this year.
5. Investor Confidence vs Consumer Confidence: Always fascinating to see charts with start divergences like this (albeit one is stationary, the other is trending!).
6. Short Interest: Record low short interest showed little interest in shorting, but this short tweet proved very interesting.
7. Real Yield: A lot of if’s but’s and caveats and things to discuss around this chart, but simply put: extremes like this speak loudly.
8. Stealth Correction: The index ground higher into year end, but it masked a distinctly mixed picture below the surface.
9. Value vs Growth: Another extreme developing under the surface.
10. Missing Days: Interesting to see what happens if you miss the 10 worst/best days.
Contributors/Sources from the 2021 Weekly ChartStorms
SPONSOR: ( …he’s me!)
My research firm, Topdown Charts, has a new entry-level Substack service, which is designed to distill some of the key ideas and themes from the institutional fund manager service to provide the same high quality insights at a more accessible price.
Give it a try and let me know what you think